Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baked Corn

I found this on the internet a while ago when I was looking for a moister version of cornbread. It was posted on a forum over 3 years ago and I was unable to find the original poster so my apologies to the creator of this recipe, I was unable to give proper credit or a link. In my version I added 3 chopped jalapenos and a few drops of hot pepper sauce but you can certainly omit those if you wish. It did not make it too hot, just added some extra flavor.

I usually serve this with my Chili Rellenos but it could also be a main dish when served with a salad.



BAKED CORN

2 Cans of cream style corn
1 Can whole kernel corn
1 6 1/2 oz. or 8 oz. Corn muffin mix
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted or soft butter or marg.
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
3 jalapeƱos (the canned kind not fresh), chopped

Mix together all ingredients pour into a 9x13 greased cake pan.

Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees, check corn by sticking a knife in center if comes out clean it is done otherwise bake another 10 min. I usually bake it for about 1 hour and 45 min.


Cut into squares and enjoy.

No comments: