Thursday, September 1, 2011

Garlic Potatoes

This is a recipe I saw in an issue of Country Living magazine and it looked so good I had to try it. I changed it somewhat from the original recipe but it came out delicious and was easy to make which is a plus for me and a guarantee I will make it again!

This was a wonderful side dish to go along with the Mini Meatloaves in my previous post :)


GARLIC POTATOES


6 Medium potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick half-moons
6 T butter, melted
Salt and pepper
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 T fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 C Pecorino or Asiago cheese, grated



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large baking pan, toss potatoes and melted butter together. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread potatoes and roast until golden, about 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, toss in garlic and parsley and mix well. Place back in oven for another 15 to 20 min or until potatoes are tender and lightly golden brown.

Transfer potatoes to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.

No comments: