Thursday, September 18, 2008

Simple Turkey Burger

For my lunch today I made something quick, easy and healthy. I keep lean turkey patties in the freezer for whenever I am in the mood for a quick simple burger.



SIMPLE TURKEY BURGER
1 lean ground turkey pattie
1 slice of pepper jack soy cheese
2 slices of tomato
1 T light mayo
1 double fiber whole wheat English muffin
Thin slice of onion (optional)
Seasoning of your choice

In a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray cook your turkey pattie until it is no longer pink inside. Turn it once to cook each side and season however desired. (I like spicy so I use red pepper flakes and garlic powder). Flip one more time, place your cheese on top and turn off the heat.

While the cheese is melting lightly toast your English muffin and spread with the light mayo. Place your pattie on one half and top with the tomato slices and the other half.

You can add ketchup, mustard or any other condiment if you wish.

No comments: