Monday, October 6, 2008

Pork Medallions With Balsamic-Honey Glaze

Here's another recipe I haven't made in many years. Cooking this fills your home with the most wonderful aroma. I love the smell of Rosemary and what's great is I just discovered there is a large Rosemary bush growing in the backyard so all I had to do was go out there with my little scissors and snip me off a few sprigs. Now I can have it any time I want!

This is a very simple meal to prepare and cooks up in no time. I love these small pork loins you get prepackaged from the store as most of the fat is already trimmed off and you can sliced them to whatever thickness you wish or just season it and throw it on the grill.

Most of the time I served this with rice but tonight I thought it would be nice to make some oven roasted potatoes with just a touch of Rosemary added to them.



PORK MEDALLIONS WITH BALSAMIC-HONEY GLAZE
=====
Balsamic-honey glaze=====
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons dijon mustard
salt & freshly ground black pepper

=====For the pork=====
2 lbs pork tenderloin
canola oil, for searing

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Make the glaze: Put garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, honey, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.

For the pork: Slice the tenderloin into 1-inch thick medallions (rounds). Cover the bottom of a medium skillet with a light film of canola oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the pork slices in 1 layer, season with salt and pepper, and sear for 1 minute. Turn and sear for 1 more minute, until lightly browned.
Pour the glaze over the slices and turn them to coat.

Cover and simmer for about 20 to 30 min, turning over about half way. Remove from heat and keep warm, loosely covered until ready to serve.

To serve place pork medallions on a platter and spoon the balsamic-honey glaze over them. Garnish the platter with the rosemary sprigs.

1 comment:

Alicia Foodycat said...

That sounds lovely! It's so satisfying when you can just snip fresh herbs.