Friday, October 24, 2008

Turkey Patties

I had some baked potatoes and wanted to make something easy that I had on hand to go with them so I threw together this dish. It was one of those that I just made up as I went along. Sometimes those backfire on me and I end up with something almost inedible but this one didn't turn out too bad. They were quite tasty and moist.


TURKEY PATTIES
1 lb lean ground turkey
3/4 C chopped onion
2 slices of bread, cubed
1/2 C oatmeal (uncooked)
1/4 C skim milk
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to season as desired

Put all ingredients except the turkey into a bowl and combine. Let sit for about 30 minutes or so to absorb all the milk. Add the turkey and using your hands mix well and form into patties. You should get between 4 and 6 patties depending on the size you make them.

Place patties in a non stick skillet sprayed with a bit of cooking spray. Brown on each side about 3 to 5 minutes, cover and reduce the heat. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes.

Serve with brown gravy if desired.

2 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

These sound tasty! Pretty healthy too.

MaryBeth said...

I love turkey patties, we eat them quit a lot at our house, the addition of brown gravy looks fabulous.